Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography Gathered Field Call
The EOI deadline for this call for applicants wishing to apply through the School of Anthropology and Museum Ethnography will be 10am, 12th June 2023.
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships aim to enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and wishing to acquire new skills through advanced training, international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility.
Researchers interested in these Fellowships:
- The researcher must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have successfully defended their doctoral thesis before call deadline (13th September 2023). The successful defence must be unconditional (no further requirements/corrections that need to be addressed) and take place before the call deadline. Supporting documentation may be requested.
- must have a maximum of eight years’ experience in research from the date of the award of their PhD degree. Years of experience outside research, and career breaks including maternity/paternity leave, compulsory national service, or long-term sick leave, will not count towards the above maximum, nor will years of experience in research in third countries, for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate to Europe.
- should comply with mobility rules: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (for European Postdoctoral Fellowships), or the host organisation for the outgoing phase (for Global Postdoctoral Fellowships) for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
Applications will be made jointly by the researcher and a beneficiary in the academic or non-academic sector. Postdoctoral Fellowships either can take place in Europe (i.e. in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country) or in a Third Country not associated to Horizon Europe:
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to researchers of any nationality who wish to engage in R&I projects by either coming to Europe from any country in the world or moving within Europe. The standard duration of these fellowships must be between 12 and 24 months.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to European nationals or long-term residents who wish to engage in R&I projects with organisations outside EU Member States and Horizon Europe Associated Countries. These fellowships require an outgoing phase of minimum 12 and maximum 24 months in a non-associated Third Country, and a mandatory 12-month return phase to a host organisation based in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country.
Follow this link to learn more details about MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
UK Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions National Contact Point:
Telephone: +32 2 230 03 18*
SAME Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest: 10am 12th June 2023
SAME will be implementing a departmental gathered field process for the selection of candidates to go forward to this external competition. Any candidate wishing to apply through the department must submit the required Expression of Interest (EoI) materials listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date: 10am on 12th June 2023.
- Expression of interest form (also available from the SAME Research Support Team)
- Outline proposal (no more than 4 pages A4, Arial font size 11) covering the following headings:
- Research Context
- Research Objectives
- Two-way Knowledge Transfer (Career Development and Benefits for the Department)
- Dissemination and Data Management
- Contribution of Supervisor (to be written in conjunction with mentor statement if applicable, please see below)
- Resources Required (NB precise costings not required)
- Timetable and Workplan
- Risk Management
- Supervisor support statement (no more than 1 page A4, Arial font size 11) covering:
- Confirmation of required support for applicant
- Benefits of hosting the project for the department
- Confirmation supervisor can contribute required time both to the development of the application, and
- to the project if awarded
- Details of any secondary supervisory or mentoring arrangements required (if applicable)
- Summary CV (no more than 1 page A4, Arial font size 11) demonstrating eligibility for the scheme.
Additional useful information for applicants thinking about applying for these Postdoctoral Fellowships can be found at the following links:
- EC Funding and Tenders Portal (search for ‘Horizon-MSCA-2023-PF-01’)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships Guide for Applicants 2023
- General annexes of the Work programme
- Proposal template and instructions on how to fill it in
- Common mistakes in MSCA-PF proposal submission
- MSCA specific evaluation forms used by the expert evaluators
- Specific FAQs for Postdoctoral Fellowships call for proposals 2023
- Guidelines on the calculation of 8-years research experience in Postdoctoral Fellowships under Horizon Europe
- Postdoctoral Fellowships Self-assessment tool for the calculation of the 8-years research experience
Please direct any queries to the SAME Research Support Team via email@example.com.