ESRC DTP Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
The Grand Union Doctoral Training Partnership is pleased to invite applications for ESRC-funded postdoctoral Fellowships to commence 1 October 2023. They will be based at one of our partner institutions: Brunel University London, The Open University or the University of Oxford.
Fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, their networks, and their research and professional skills.
Proposals are welcome from single or multi-disciplinary backgrounds but the fellowship activities must be aligned to one of the Grand Union DTP’s 23 thematic pathways and based at least 50% within the social sciences.
The DTP expects to award up to six Fellowships.
The call is open to applicants who have completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of an ESRC-funded DTP. At the application deadline (23 March 2023), the applicant must either have been awarded a PhD or have submitted their thesis and passed their viva voce with minor corrections, with the expectation that the PhD will be awarded by the fellowship start date.
To be eligible applicants must:
· Have been awarded a PhD or have passed their viva voce with minor amendments by the application deadline of 23 March 2023 and have been awarded their PhD by the fellowship start date of 1 October 2023
· Have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience since passing their viva voce (allowing for career breaks) by 23 March 2023.
Call Specification: https://www.granduniondtp.ac.uk/files/esrcpdfcallspecification2023pdf
Interested candidates are welcome to get in touch with us a email@example.com with any questions if these are not answered in the FAQ document above.
The School is able to support up to three applications to this scheme, which we are required to rank before submission. We will therefore be running a departmental selection exercise.
Candidates wishing to apply to the department’s gathered field must first ensure that they meet the Grand Union DTP eligibility requirements for this call. They must then submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Tuesday 31st January 2023:
- A draft research proposal outlining the work and activities to be undertaken during the fellowship (maximum 2 pages, 12pt font, 2cm margins).
- A CV (maximum 2 pages, 12pt font, 2cm margins).
- A statement of support from the proposed SAME mentor (please see guidance above on choosing an appropriate mentor).
- A covering email, detailing your doctoral institution, date of PhD completion, and to which of the Grand Union DTP’s 23 thematic pathways the proposal will be aligned.
Indicative timeline following internal process for selected candidates:
By 14th February 2023, the selected candidates will be invited to send the SAME Research Support Team the first draft of their complete application and all the related supporting documents required by the funder and available on the Grand Union DTP website.
By 14 March 2023, the selected candidates will be invited to send the SAME Research Support Team the final application and all the related supporting documents required by the funder.
Selected applications and required documents will be submitted as a single pdf via the department by 16.00 on 23 March 2023 to email@example.com. The DTP will not accept applications submitted directly by candidates.
The Grand Union DTP will peer review the proposals and make funding decisions on behalf of the ESRC by end of June 2023.