The following books are available for review in JASO online at the time of writing:
- Pascale Bonnemère, Acting for others: Relational Transformations in Papua New Guinea, Chicago: The University of Chicago Press 2018. 322 pp. Paper $35.00 ISBN: 9780997367584
- Simon Coleman and John Eade (eds.), Pilgrimage and political economy: translating the sacred, New York and Oxford: Berghahn 2018, vii, 197 pp.
- D.S. Farrer (ed.), War magic: religion, sorcery and performance, Oxford and New York: Berghahn 2016, x, 170pp. ISBN 978-1-7853-3329-3.
- Didier Gazagnadou, The diffusion of a postal relay system in premodern Eurasia, Paris: Editions Kimé 2016, 187 pp. IBSN 978-2-8417-4777-1.
- Didier Gazagnadou, Diffusion of techniques, globalization and subjectivities, Paris: Editions Kimé 2016, 114 pp. IBSN 978-2-8417-4778-8.
- Maurice Godelier, Claude Lévi-Strauss A Critical Study of his Thought. London: Verso Books 2018. 560 pp. Paperback £24.95 ISBN 9781784787073
- M.S. Mosko, Ways of Baloma: rethinking magic and kinship from the Trobriands, Chicago, IL. Hau Books, 2017. 516 pages. ISBN: 9780997367560
- Katherine Swancutt and Mireille Mazard (eds.) Animism beyond the soul: ontology, reflexivity, and the making of anthropological knowledge. Oxford: Berghahn Books 2018. 160 pp. ISBN 978-1-78533-866-3 $27.95/£19.00
If you are interested in reviewing one of these books, please contact Summer Qassim (email@example.com).
If you are in Oxford, you can view the book beforehand. Please include a postal address in your message if you are not in Oxford, so that we can send you the book (which you may keep in exchange for the review). Please also provide a one-sentence statement of your current affiliation and institutional (not personal) contact details to be added to the published review; this helps us to get indexed. Note that we do not pay for reviews.
Reviews should be in the range of 500 to 1000 words, but lengthier reviews are acceptable if the book being reviewed justifies one. Reviews will be copy-edited, and an edited version may be returned to the author for checking or for queries to be answered. Please observe JASO editorial conventions where appropriate.
We ask that reviewers submit their reviews within two months of receiving them, unless otherwise agreed with the editors.
Bob Parkin, Editor